There's one thing that's been on my mind lately and that's guilty pleasures, so I've decided to share some of mine with you all. I can now stop pretending that I've actually got some sanity left in me. This is probably a really bad and embarrassing idea..
Guilty Pleasures: 'something that you shouldn't like, but like anyway'.
We all have them. Hell, I've got a huge list of them!
I've never understood why they're called guilty pleasures though because you like them, probably a lot, but why should you be guilty about them? EMBRACE THEM, PEOPLE!
I think the word 'guilty' has a lot to do with it and therefore makes us hide and disguise what we love away from the world.
I feel a sense of shame when I mention certain things that I love to do to some people and I'm always afraid of what they'll think. This has got to stop. There's nothing bad or wrong with liking things others don't and may find childish.
Here are 10 of mine..
1. I'm still a huge fan of High School Musical, and when I watch it, alone, I not only sing the songs word for word, but I perform them.
2. When I'm bored I like to read fanfics.
3. I'm still in love with the Nickelodeon show, House of Anubis, and I binge watch it on Netflix every once in a while.
4. When home alone, I like to pretend I'm a ninja and I still like to think the floor is lava. My childhood will never die.
5. When I'm cooking/baking I like to pretend that I'm competing on Masterchef.
6. I like stalking people on social media. It usually starts on Facebook and then 3 hours later I find myself searching through their Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr etc. You could say I'm a bit of a pro. Surely I'm not the only one though, right?
7. Stealing sachets of hot chocolate and packets of biscuits from fancy hotels.
8. Choreographing my own dance performances in my bedroom..
9. Listening to 90's music playlists on repeat and melting every time Jesse McCartney's 'Beautiful Soul' comes on.
10. Watching RuPaul's Drag Race on repeat when I get home from uni.
That wasn't so bad I guess, I'm still alive! *nervously laughs*
Guilty pleasures are a part of what makes you so great. Stop hiding them and scream them so the world knows!
What are your guilty pleasures?
Hope you're all having a great day!